I brewed NB's Oatmeal Stout (all grain) a few weeks ago. Recipe is:
6.5 lbs Maris Otter
1.0 lbs Oats, flaked
0.5 lbs Simpsons Roasted
0.5 lbs Simpsons Chocolate
0.5 lbs Simpsons Dark
1.0 oz Glacier (@ 60 mins)
NB estimates OG of 1.042, I was able to hit 1.051. Did all the usual stuff (chill, aerate, hydrate yeast, pitch, etc.). Yeast took off within 24 hours and went for about 5 days.
Took FG reading at day 14: 1.025 and very sweet. No fermentation activity whatsoever. This had never happened to me, so I looked and looked for ideas and did not find a fail-safe solution to re-start the fermentation, so I combined what I found. The beer is now at 1.013, is still bubbling slowly, and the samples tastes fantastic and has no signs of infection.
Here are the three things I added to the beer:
(1) LD Carlson Yeast Energizer: 1/2 tsp per gallon (2.5 tsp total)
(2) LD Carlson Amylase Enzyme: 1/2 tsp total
(3) Mini-mash of 1.0 lb 2-row pale malt in 32 oz of 140 F water for 15 minutes, cooled down to 75 F before pitching. Resulted in about 20 oz of wort. See also http://hbd.org/brewery/library/enzymes595.html.
I was worried that the mini-mash wort might infect the beer, but that appears not to have happened. Within 24 hours of adding these three things the fermentation was more active than the original. If this happens to me again, I will definitely repeat this method. No promises that it will work for you, but it's a winner in my book.