*Ss Brewing Technologies Giveaway - Enter Now!*

Home Brew Forums > Home Brewing Beer > General Techniques > Stand by for Blow-off

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 08-28-2005, 02:22 AM   #1
Sasquatch
Feedback Score: 0 reviews

Recipes 

Default Stand by for Blow-off

Well, I thought my primary was more or less finished, after not quite 5 days in the bucket, and the main sort of pancake was dissipating, so I transferred to secondary. Well, musta been a bit early, because my God, she started foaming like hell, and immediately fouled the air-lock. Happily, I had a blow-off tube bung ready to go, so I dipped it in sani, and plugged it in for about 6 hours. Collected a cup or so of liquid, yeast, hop bits, and general smegma. Now the air-lock is attached and bubbling merrily. Guess I don't have to worry about generating a layer of CO2 in that particular carboy.

Primary: Lager

Secondary: Sangiovese, Honey Nut Brown, some Pilsner/ale kinda thing that just won't quit...

Bottled:
Tar Sands Porter, Special Dark Bitter,Oaky Red ale, Hammer & Tongs Black Ale, Black Draught, Cooper's Bitter, Baron's Pilsner
Super Saazy Saaz Pilsner Saaz (It's a little green, yet)

Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 08-28-2005, 05:35 AM   #2
Punn
Feedback Score: 0 reviews
Recipes 

always good to be on top of your batches. unfortunatly I am not able to do that. So all my primarys sit for a minimum of 7 days

Lots O Beer In the Bottle!

Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Quick Reply