The Great Bottle Opener Giveaway

Home Brew Forums > Home Brewing Beer > General Techniques > Smaller than 5 gallon batches?

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 10-16-2005, 03:23 AM   #11
Walker
I use secondaries. :p
HBT_LIFETIMESUPPORTER.png
Feedback Score: 0 reviews

Recipes 

Liked 72 Times on 64 Posts
Likes Given: 11

the recipator is cool, but it has a few issues.

ANYONE can add to it. even someone who has never actually brewed a batch of beer. Worse... people canleave bad instructions (like... "Boil the grains for 3 hours in battery acid")

Also, few people actually comment on the taste of the final product. Those that do.... well... can you trust them? It's THEIR beer, and they'll probably think it was excellent, even if it was a little off.

But, I actually do post my recipes on there. Mostly because it's handy to use their spreadsheet when putting a recipe together to see what the color, IBUs and ABV will come out like. Once you have all the info in there, you might as well go ahead and post it to the database, right??? Even if you never brew it.

-walker

Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 10-17-2005, 10:08 PM   #12
mik82
Feedback Score: 0 reviews
Recipes 

At the moment I only brew 2 imperial gallon (2.4 US gal) batches. I haven't got the implements or the space to brew any more. I've only got 4 one gallon carboys, a 2 gallon bucket and a 2.5 gallon brew kettle. I just scale everything down but I still use a whole pack of yeast per brew.

Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Quick Reply