New Giveaway - Wort Monster Conical Fermeneter!

Home Brew Forums > Home Brewing Beer > General Techniques > Secondary vs bottle time question....

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 12-05-2008, 06:11 PM   #1
bull8042
I like 'em shaved
Feedback Score: 0 reviews

Recipes 

Liked 444 Times on 443 Posts
Likes Given: 11

Default Secondary vs bottle time question....

I brewed a third batch of Yooperbrew's awesome DFH 60-min clone recipe. It has spent 2 weeks in primary and tomorrow will be one week of dry hopping in secondary. I would like to be drinking this on New Years, which is 3-1/2 weeks away. My question is, should I secondary another week as originally planned and hope 2 weeks in the bottle will be enough? Or should I go ahead a bottle tomorrow and give it that full 3-1/2 weeks to bottle condition?
I hate to lose the dry hopping time, but I am leaning toward bottling early...

"I do gravity feed the last gallon or two through my Therminator, but I expect you could suck start a Volkswagen before you could suck start one of these. - GilaMinumBeer

"..... Bull was right." - TXCurtis

Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 12-05-2008, 06:17 PM   #2
Yooper
Frau Admin

Recipes 

Liked 3848 Times on 2812 Posts
Likes Given: 640

I'd bottle it. A week of dryhopping probably got most of the "goodness" out of the hops anyway.

Now, you've made me thirsty for one, and I don't have any. I'm going to have to move it up on my "upcoming" list!

Old 12-05-2008, 06:27 PM   #3
bull8042
I like 'em shaved

Recipes 

Liked 444 Times on 443 Posts
Likes Given: 11

Hehehe. I can't seem to keep that one at the house. I have a neighbor that likes it as much as I do, so he is buying the ingredients for the next batch.
Your recipe, by the way, came out much better and accurate IMHO than the recipe I did from Sam Calgione himself.
My other favorite is EdWorts Haus Pale Ale. Problem is, I can't get either one to stay in the pipeline long enough to try anything else!
Thanks for the advice Yoop... I am going with it.

"I do gravity feed the last gallon or two through my Therminator, but I expect you could suck start a Volkswagen before you could suck start one of these. - GilaMinumBeer

"..... Bull was right." - TXCurtis

Quick Reply