It was my first fruit (and only thus far) beer, so I figured 4 days was plenty, these apricots were really ripe when I finally got around to doing the racking. Just a few minutes in the room and you knew there was apricots around. They were starting to turn into mush when I racked the beer off.
I vented the ozone, and the rinse was to prevent oxidation in case some amount remained. The main reason for the ozone was the whole "Organic" thing, at the time I was using water I drove an hour to get fresh from an underground spring, and used organic wheat extract with homegrown spray-free Hallertau hops, it was a labour of love I guess. Not a huge fan of fruit beers, so the main reason to brew it was for friends and family on the organic bandwagon.