Happy HolidaySs Giveaway - Winners Re-Re-Re-Re-Re-Drawn - 24 hours to Claim!

Get your HBT Growlers, Shirts and Membership before the Rush!

Home Brew Forums > Home Brewing Beer > General Techniques > Salt in my beer - lots of it. Any hope?

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 07-22-2010, 07:19 PM   #121
mhermetz
Feedback Score: 0 reviews
Recipes 

Liked 3 Times on 3 Posts
Likes Given: 1

I want my 12 minutes back for reading every page in this thread and the story not being revealed.

I feel the urge to dump salt in your next batch now too.

Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 07-22-2010, 08:02 PM   #122
Craig311
Recipes 

Liked 4 Times on 3 Posts

I think I posted a couple of years ago that everyone's guesses were much more entertaining than what actually happened. I didn't want to ruin all of that fun with the actual story.

Anyway, since this thread has been revived and people want to know what happened...

I was traveling a lot for work at the time - commuting from Connecticut to Phoenix just about every week. I took a red-eye home on a Thursday night and went fishing all day Friday. Instead of coming home after fishing and spending Friday night with SWMBO, I went back to my buddies house with a few other friends. Ended up getting home quite late and quite drunk. Woke up Saturday morning and decided I'd rather have a brewday(and drink more beer) than spend the day with SWMBO. She was angry and I was on a plane back to Phoenix on Sunday morning, having spent the weekend fishing, brewing, drinking, and completely ignoring her. I would guess I hadn't even made it to the airport when the salt was poured.

Old 07-22-2010, 08:05 PM   #123
ericd
Recipes 

Liked 10 Times on 5 Posts
Likes Given: 2

Finallyyyyyy

Old 07-22-2010, 08:18 PM   #124
mhermetz
Recipes 

Liked 3 Times on 3 Posts
Likes Given: 1

yeah..... not going to lie. I still wouldn't stand for that from my swmbo. No offense.

Old 07-22-2010, 08:19 PM   #125
WildGingerBrewing
HBT_LIFETIMESUPPORTER.png

Recipes 

Liked 1965 Times on 1931 Posts
Likes Given: 5

Sounds like you deserved it then But since you finally fessed up, I for one, can let you off the hook!

Old 07-22-2010, 08:21 PM   #126
mosquitocontrol
Recipes 

Liked 8 Times on 8 Posts
Likes Given: 7

Quote:
Originally Posted by Craig311 View Post
I think I posted a couple of years ago that everyone's guesses were much more entertaining than what actually happened. I didn't want to ruin all of that fun with the actual story.

Anyway, since this thread has been revived and people want to know what happened...

I was traveling a lot for work at the time - commuting from Connecticut to Phoenix just about every week. I took a red-eye home on a Thursday night and went fishing all day Friday. Instead of coming home after fishing and spending Friday night with SWMBO, I went back to my buddies house with a few other friends. Ended up getting home quite late and quite drunk. Woke up Saturday morning and decided I'd rather have a brewday(and drink more beer) than spend the day with SWMBO. She was angry and I was on a plane back to Phoenix on Sunday morning, having spent the weekend fishing, brewing, drinking, and completely ignoring her. I would guess I hadn't even made it to the airport when the salt was poured.
You kept her around after doing something that drastic for a dumb reason.... Yikes I'd hate to see her revenge and solutions for larger misunderstandings and arguments.

Old 07-22-2010, 08:27 PM   #127
Walker
I use secondaries. :p

Recipes 

Liked 89 Times on 79 Posts
Likes Given: 11

well.... I can understand why she was pissed.

my SWMBO would be pissed if I did something like that, but there would have been a loud angry argument and then some make-up sex and not a bunch of salt dumped into my beer or anything else destroyed.

Old 07-23-2010, 05:01 PM   #128
babalu87
Recipes 

Liked 8 Times on 7 Posts
Likes Given: 12

No excuse for ruining a batch of beer

God help you when you two have kids

Old 07-23-2010, 05:23 PM   #129
Chriso
Broken Robot Brewing Co.

Recipes 

Liked 72 Times on 63 Posts
Likes Given: 129

Quote:
Originally Posted by Walker View Post
my SWMBO would be pissed if I did something like that, but there would have been a loud angry argument and then some make-up sex
Haha, I've heard about this alleged make-up sex but I must have chosen a SWMBO who doesn't have that feature installed.

Salt + beer = natural beer brine = a million uses! It would have made one hell of a Clam Bake! Substitute out the beer in place of white wine! Mmmmm. Anyways, OP, glad to hear that that occurrence was not a harbinger of future misfortune, hopefully she chooses to drink your homebrew instead of sabotaging it on the occasions when you do disappear with your friends.

Chriso || SMaSH Brewers, Unite! || Nebraska Brewers! || Lincoln Lagers Brew Club
"You have just experienced the paradigm shift that is....all grain brewing." - BierMuncher

Old 07-23-2010, 05:50 PM   #130
conpewter
HBT_SUPPORTER.png

Recipes 

Liked 43 Times on 38 Posts
Likes Given: 8

Ah yeah I can see how that'd piss a gal off. Always good to know the needs of your partner, and fulfill them. We all know what guys need, but gals can be a bit more complicated.

"People should not be afraid of their governments. Governments should be afraid of their people." - V

Primary: Nothin
Secondary: Shady Lord RIS, Water to Barleywine, Pumpkin wine, burnt mead
Kegged: Crappy infected mild
Bottles: Apfelwein, 999 Barleywine, Oatmeal Stout, Robust Porter, Robust smoked porter, Simcoe Smash

Quick Reply