Spike Brewing 12.5 Conical Fermenter Giveaway - Enter Now!

Home Brew Forums > Home Brewing Beer > General Techniques > Repitch yeast after cold crash?

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 10-31-2008, 03:01 PM   #1
jmnorse
Feedback Score: 0 reviews
Recipes 

Default Repitch yeast after cold crash?

I followed an American Pilsner recipe recently and I think I messed up somewhere along the line. I gave it a week in primary and two weeks in secondary before kegging it and putting it through cold crash. I siphoned each time and dumped the sediment. I should have checked the taste before kegging, but I was in a rush.

My end result tastes and smells like apples. It's certainly drinkable, but it isn't what it should be. I'm thinking that there was a problem during fermentation and the yeast needed more time to condition the beer? So, my big question is: If I bring the keg up to room temperature, will the remaining yeast be enough to condition it? Or should I repitch some more yeast to help the process? Or am I completely off base here??

Any advice is welcome! Thanks!

Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Quick Reply