RDWHAHB!!! I trying

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

67coupe390

Reaction score
My usual temperament is RDWHAHB but I made a batch of Honey Weiss and The valve got clogged with hops when I transfered it to the carboy so we tried to clear it then are hands ended up in the wort. I just racked it today after a week. It tasted OK so am I in the clear or should I worry about an infection still? :eek:

Worry. Don't worry. The choice is yours... the beer is either infected or it's not.

If it is, what can you do?

I once had my dog drink from my primary bucket. The batch was fine. I'm sure yours is too.

As you say...RDWHAHB :mug:

It'll probably be fine, just let it run and see what you get. Contamination doesn't happen near as often as I think we seem to worry about. I had similar happen and removed several large handfuls of hops from my kettle by hand before transferring and had no issues.

Chances are, its probably fine.

Relax, don't worry, and have several homebrews, and you won't care. :p

-D

Llarian said:
It'll probably be fine, just let it run and see what you get. Contamination doesn't happen near as often as I think we seem to worry about. I had similar happen and removed several large handfuls of hops from my kettle by hand before transferring and had no issues.

Chances are, its probably fine.

Relax, don't worry, and have several homebrews, and you won't care. :p

-D
Thats a good idea. The Brew monkey I split this batch with had a sour batch and now he is making me think this is a bad one too. But after I heard that a dog drank from a fermenting bucket and the batch was good. It was not only funny to hear but helps with me RDWHAHB!!!:rockin:

I had a batch where I was putting the airlock in the fementer lid and the grommet got knocked loose. Wouldn't you know the thing sank straight to the bottom.:mad: I tried to fish it out with the spoon to no avail. So, I scrubbed my arm like a surgeon and plunged it into the fermenter to retrieve the grommet. I worried about it a little bit, but, in the end the beer ended up tasting just fine.
Like everyone says, RDWHAHB. If that doesn't work, have several more:tank:

I'm equally as paranoid as the poster. My first batch is sitting at home all alone and I'm worried for everything that can possible go wrong. A part of me says to sit back and relax with a beer...... and then the real me shines through and I'm all of a sudden 100% sure my starter was infected, random liquids got into my wort, the temps are all off, and on and on. Man I can't wait for the first brew to be done so I can stop freaking out.

definitely relax. its not that hard to have a batch of beer come out just fine. its not even that hard to make a 'good' batch of beer.

but making 'great' beer, 'exceptional' beer, or award-winning beer takes patience and attention to detail in your recipes and process.

so def. sit back and enjoy a beer, everything's probably just fine.

Back