Electric Brewing Supply 30A BCS Giveaway!

Home Brew Forums > Home Brewing Beer > General Techniques > raising temperature--need guidance

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 12-08-2005, 07:40 PM   #11
Walker
I use secondaries. :p
HBT_LIFETIMESUPPORTER.png
Feedback Score: 0 reviews

Recipes 

Liked 86 Times on 77 Posts
Likes Given: 11

Quote:
Originally Posted by BlightyBrewer
Apologies, it's the Anglo / American language differencies again...

English / American English:-

jumper / sweater
Bonnet / Hood
Boot / Trunk
Backside / Fanny
Fag / Cigarette
Fanny / ....err, I think I'll leave it there!
Funny. I have a sweater with a hood on it; a "hooded sweater". Over there that would be a "bonneted jumper"? Sounds like something I would put on my little baby girl.

and if I told someone that I had "smoked a fag" it would mean something TOTALLY different than what you think of.

-walker

Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 12-08-2005, 07:54 PM   #12
BlightyBrewer

Recipes 

Liked 1 Times on 1 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Walker
Funny. I have a sweater with a hood on it; a "hooded sweater". Over there that would be a "bonneted jumper"? Sounds like something I would put on my little baby girl.
LOL.

Ahh, well, we also have hooded sweaters (hoodies). They are all the rage with the pubescent youth of our society. And yes, bonnets are little hats that baby girls and shepherdesses wear...

Quote:
Originally Posted by Walker
and if I told someone that I had "smoked a fag" it would mean something TOTALLY different than what you think of.

-walker
Hahaha!

...as long as you dispose of your "fag butt" responsibly!

Old 12-10-2005, 05:06 AM   #13
madrean
Recipes 

Quote:
Originally Posted by Truble
FWIW, I have been in this situation, and I used warm water. I just filled up the sink with 70*F water, and stood my bucket in it. By making sure that it is 70*F, you are not shocking the yeast too much, and can be assured that it cannot be raised outside the optimal temp window. I have noticed activity within a couple minutes. I have done this when, for some reason, they were not getting enough warmth where I was storing them. ONce I warmed them up, I put them in an area that I knew was getting warmth.

Simple and works.

I have tried this too in an attempt to get yeast activity up, but the carboy (and beer inside) ended up warm to the touch (water bath in the sink).

Do you think I fried the yeast??

Hope not, b/c I'm hoping to bottle the stuff soon...

Quick Reply