Spike Brewing 12.5 Conical Fermenter Giveaway - Enter Now!

Home Brew Forums > Home Brewing Beer > General Techniques > quick starter question

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 05-23-2008, 10:38 PM   #1
thenatibrewer
Feedback Score: 0 reviews
Recipes 

Default quick starter question

i have a quick question about starters. i make a starter yesterday and it seems to be done "bubbling", i am brewing sunday. should i refrigerate the starter, leave it sit as is or shake it up? any thoughts....

-unknown monk

Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 05-23-2008, 10:44 PM   #2
Dr_Deathweed

Recipes 

Liked 26 Times on 20 Posts
Likes Given: 3

What volume is it, and what are you planning on brewing? Depending on the size, you may think about bumping up the volume by adding more wort and letting your yeast cells continue to grow and multiply.

If you don't want to do that, sicking it in the fridge until your brew day should be fine.

"Never ascribe to malice that which can be adequately explained by incompetence." - Napoleon Bonaparte
“An intelligent man is sometimes forced to be drunk to spend time with his fools.” - Ernest Hemingway

Fermentation CabinetAdding Faucets to a TowerDIY HopbackPortable Kegerator

Old 05-24-2008, 12:30 AM   #3
thenatibrewer
Recipes 

the volume was 1 quart of water and .5 cups of DME (i think?) we are brewing a Oktoberfest but i am using a kolsch ale yeast. i think i am going to put it in the frig.

-unknown monk

Quick Reply