Get your HBT Growlers, Shirts and Membership before the Rush!

Home Brew Forums > Home Brewing Beer > General Techniques > Questions about some decision making...help?

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 09-13-2012, 04:41 AM   #1
milsman2
Feedback Score: 0 reviews
Recipes 

Default Questions about some decision making...help?

I currently have a raspberry amber in the primary and it has been there already for a week. I have yet to add the raspberry purée and I also have a chocolate stout in my only other carboy that is coming up on three weeks. Should I just go ahead and add gelatin and raspberry purée in the primary and have minimal splashing or bottle the stout and rack the amber onto purée in a secondary and risk oxidation? I have no way to carbon dioxide purge.

Is there any harm in adding to primary? I'm kind of impatient and ideally I could let the stout age a while in the primary it is in more. If I add the puree will it disrupt any of the fermentation by taking precedence of the alcohol tolerance of the yeast?

Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 09-13-2012, 03:54 PM   #2
Pappers_
HBT_MODERATOR.png
Feedback Score: 0 reviews

Recipes 

Liked 1009 Times on 709 Posts
Likes Given: 2082

Adding fruit puree to the primary (after the first fermentation has died down) is fine. I wouldn't add the gelatin until after the second fermentation is complete.

Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Quick Reply