Kegconnection Complete Starter Kit and More Giveaway!

Home Brew Forums > Home Brewing Beer > General Techniques > Pumpkin Ale Help!

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 09-21-2012, 12:20 PM   #21
Grantman1
Feedback Score: 0 reviews
Recipes 

Liked 35 Times on 19 Posts
Likes Given: 14

I heard about that taste test. I considered not using pumpkin at all, but ended up using just 1lb--something just sounds better about a pumpkin ale when you can say it was brewed with real pumpkin.

Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 09-23-2012, 07:12 AM   #22
Rohlk
Recipes 

Liked 6 Times on 5 Posts
Likes Given: 32

Mash that pumpkin. I just did a Pumpkin ale and used baking/pie pumpkins, quartered them, baked them at 300 for an hour, skinned and mashed em up and put them in my mash. I plan to add the spices in secondary. We'll see how it does.

Old 09-28-2012, 07:39 PM   #23
TooTall1
Recipes 

Quote:
Originally Posted by JDFlow
Mash the pumpkin, don't boil it. I spread pumpkin puree on a cookie sheet and baked it for an hour at 350 then threw it in the mash. The beer has a nice creamy smooth pumpkin flavor. Mashed for 1 hour at 155.
Yeppers, canned fresh, it doesn't matter. Spread it out in cookie sheet, roast at 350 for 1 hour, let cool then throw right into the mash!
Add 1 lb of flaked wheat and you will get a creamy, pumpkin pie mouth feel, second to none!

Quick Reply