This is the second starter that's ever blown off on me. I didn't think I needed a starter, as it was fresh slurry from Blue Mountain's conical. Turned out I was right...but I didn't wanna take that chance. I've gotten yeast slurry from Taylor before and not made a starter, and the lag time was immense...so I did this just in case. And it was in a big gallon jug. Woke up this morning to a big puddle of krauseny goodness on my worksurface. Oh well...it's still viable...I just added a little bit more wort and split it all up into two 1-gal containers. Hopefully I won't have another blowoff while I'm at work. Alls I gotta say is, this thing is gonna ferment out very quickly.