How does what happen? Hops in the garage?
1) You buy supplies with the intention of getting back into brewing after three decades away.
2) Life gets in the way yet again.
3) Loving bride complains about brew kettles, buckets and 'stuff' sitting in the dining room.
4) Grumble and move everything to the garage temporarily.
5) Temporarily turns our longer than expected (stupid life in the way thing again)
6) Finally convince yourself (and the bride) that this is going to happen, dammit!
6) Buy new supplies.
7) Bring everything in from garage to clean and sterilize.
8) Discover possible unhoppy hops, and no one likes to waste.
9) Post on forums and wait for helpful answers.
I do like the suggestions of just opening, sniffing and throw 'em all into some Frankenbeer just for fun. But if it comes out nice, it'll be hell recreating the recipe