Spike Brewing 12.5 Conical Fermenter Giveaway!

Home Brew Forums > Home Brewing Beer > General Techniques > Overcarbination covering up hoppiness?

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 02-04-2013, 04:13 AM   #1
Bassaholic
Feedback Score: 0 reviews
Recipes 

Liked 1 Times on 1 Posts
Likes Given: 1

Default Overcarbination covering up hoppiness?

So I recently brewed an IPA partial mash kit from Brooklyn home brew. I ended up adding 1 oz of Columbus and centennial for dry hopping as they had none. Anyway when it came time to bottle I mixed 5 oz of priming sugar dissolved in water onto about 4 gallons of beer (way too much, i know that now) Anyway I forgot to thoroughly mix in the priming liquid before bottling. Needless to say my bottles didn't carbonate equally. Luckily I didn't have any bottle bombs. I noticed on my over carbonated beers I couldn't taste nearly as much bitterness and lost a lot of hop aroma. They were still totally drinkable, but the lesser carbonated ones are far more delicious. Has anyone else had an experience like this?

Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Quick Reply