The Great Bottle Opener Giveaway

Home Brew Forums > Home Brewing Beer > General Techniques > is it ok to move the fermenter?

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 07-16-2006, 09:14 PM   #1
hoppedup
Feedback Score: 0 reviews

Recipes 

Default is it ok to move the fermenter?

might seem like a silly question, but its just something ive never had to do. cause i always fermeneted in the basement in the past. for my current batch, i left it in the kitchen cause its a cal lager, but the next few days the weather supposed to get up to tripple digits, so i wanna move it to the basement instead of runnin the AC extra low just for the sake of the beer being upstairs.

the fermentation is tapering off as its day6, (1 blub every 15sec) but i dont want to risk anything if moving it can disturb something. its not like itll be swishing around or anything but im sure there will be some slight stirring up.

Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 07-16-2006, 09:35 PM   #2
Baron von BeeGee
Beer Bully
HBT_LIFETIMESUPPORTER.png
Feedback Score: 0 reviews

Recipes 

Liked 10 Times on 10 Posts

Moving it's not a problem. Just move it as gently as possible so as to minimize any splashing or stirring up of the trub. I always like to have my fermentor in its final resting place at least a day or two before racking so that the trub can resettle.

Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Quick Reply