Home Brew Forums

Home Brew Forums (http://www.homebrewtalk.com/forum.php)
-   General Techniques (http://www.homebrewtalk.com/f13/)
-   -   An ODE... to the old pos stove....... (http://www.homebrewtalk.com/f13/ode-old-pos-stove-373104/)

cheezydemon3 12-09-2012 11:14 PM

An ODE... to the old pos stove.......
 
2 Attachment(s)
Gawd Damn!!!!!

Less than ideal, but that is a BIG pot at FULL boil.

Attachment 87761

It does the same for old Bessie if I asks it.

Awesome for indoor.

Attachment 87763

zachattack 12-10-2012 11:44 AM

I boil 7 gallons on my kitchen stove. Takes a little while, but I get a decent boil.

BeardedIdiot 12-12-2012 06:26 PM

Now THAT is an old stove... I'm surprised you can even get a boil on it! (Although, judging by the top, it looks like mayhaps you've had a few boilovers?)

DrunkleJon 12-12-2012 07:39 PM

It seems that the old electric stoves do not have the same thermostats on them so they will crank out heat until they catch themselves on fire. Mine is younger than yours, but I can get considerably larger boils than the 6 year old one I used when I was renting.

Revvy 12-12-2012 07:41 PM

yeah, the stove in my condo was put in when the place was built in 1978 and it can take 3.75 gallons to a rolling boil...I haven't tried it with more. But the stove in my old loft which was turned into lofts in 2,000 could barely handle 2.5 gallons.

DrunkleJon 12-12-2012 08:12 PM

...and isnt an ode usually in song form? Where is the ditty cheezy?

ThickHead 12-12-2012 08:16 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by zachattack (Post 4667559)
I boil 7 gallons on my kitchen stove. Takes a little while, but I get a decent boil.

Me too. But I have felt pretty lucky about that for the past three years I have been in two different apartments (both apartments had the same model stove). Just stepped up to a 240v Electric BK though now so I no longer have to worry about that, or boil-over. :)

cheezydemon3 12-12-2012 08:46 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by BeardedIdiot (Post 4675826)
Now THAT is an old stove... I'm surprised you can even get a boil on it! (Although, judging by the top, it looks like mayhaps you've had a few boilovers?)

Only one in the last year.....but it was recent!;)

See my other recent thread ;)
http://www.homebrewtalk.com/f13/boilover-evil-demon-373208/

Quote:

Originally Posted by DrunkleJon (Post 4676228)
...and isnt an ode usually in song form? Where is the ditty cheezy?

Old stove, old stove, the one I despise
Though you cook my food, You are old in my eyes
But you boiled my wort
Like it were just a sport
What a fine brewing surprise!

h4mmy86 12-12-2012 08:50 PM

I've got an old magic chef that looks like it came out of the Brady household. ...it's not worth praise tho.

DrunkleJon 12-12-2012 09:31 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by cheezydemon3 (Post 4676338)
Old stove, old stove, the one I despise
Though you cook my food, You are old in my eyes
But you boiled my wort
Like it were just a sport
What a fine brewing surprise!

That'll do cheezy, that'll do.


All times are GMT. The time now is 06:54 AM.

Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.