New Giveaway - Wort Monster Conical Fermenter!

Home Brew Forums > Home Brewing Beer > General Techniques > "Monster" Beer?

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 06-29-2010, 10:58 AM   #1
NewBrewB
HBT_LIFETIMESUPPORTER.png
Feedback Score: 0 reviews

Recipes 

Liked 18 Times on 16 Posts
Likes Given: 10

Default "Monster" Beer?

My buddy (that got me into home-brewing) is totally addicted to Monster. He has at least 2 per day, and only cuts-back when he feels like his "liver hurts." *blink*

Anyway, I was wondering if anyone had attempted to make soda-inspired beers and if they had any success merging the two? It would be funny to make a Monster Beer for his birthday party or something.

Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 06-29-2010, 11:15 AM   #2
Edcculus
Recipes 

Liked 39 Times on 37 Posts

That could be a dangerous thing to do.....

Joking aside, I think people have been mildly successful making DR Pepper beers. I think they made a Mtn Dew beer in BYO one time too. I don't have links to those, but that might be a place to start.

Old 06-29-2010, 01:53 PM   #3
NewBrewB
HBT_LIFETIMESUPPORTER.png

Recipes 

Liked 18 Times on 16 Posts
Likes Given: 10

That's funny. I actually heard about this cease & desist situation on the news awhile back but had forgotten about it. Fortunately, I don't exactly think I'm on "Monster's radar" since I'm a 5 gal at a time home-brewer living abroad in Japan.

I'll check into the Mountain Dew beer idea--the flavors are at least similar. I'd be worried about using a "Dr Pepper Beer" recipe because it is so wildly different in flavor.

Thanks for the comments. I'm not sure if I'll get around to actually attempting the project but I appreciate feedback on the idea in its infancy.

Old 06-29-2010, 02:34 PM   #4
a10t2
Recipes 

Liked 14 Times on 13 Posts
Likes Given: 1

If you google "mountain brew" you'll get some results. The first one is the BYO article. There was also some discussion of it in the NB forum a couple years back.

squeeze your sack like it owes you money.

Quick Reply