New Giveaway - Wort Monster Conical Fermenter!

Home Brew Forums > Home Brewing Beer > General Techniques > Mentorship Program - Interest

Closed Thread

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 12-24-2007, 11:57 PM   #21
senorfartman
Feedback Score: 0 reviews
Recipes 

I don't have anything for AG yet. I think I have an idea of what goes on but I'd like to see it in person first.

I live about 2 blocks from Camden Yards off Washington Blvd.

Fermenter 1:
Fermenter 2:

Bottled: Irish Red
Bottled: Le Stout
Bottled: Edwort's Pale Ale
Bottled: Dark Chocolate Porter

Quick reply to this message
Old 12-25-2007, 12:28 AM   #22
jezter6
HBT_LIFETIMESUPPORTER.png
Recipes 

Liked 14 Times on 14 Posts
Likes Given: 1

Sounds good. I know it would have helped me figure it out to have someone (and I was asking around ,but got no takers) to show me. Eventually, I read a thread and asked some basic questions and it's nowhere near as difficult as people make it out to be. Once I stepped my feet in, that was all she wrote.

Keep an eye out for some local brew outs and the results of this thread and I'm sure we can get you into an AG session in the next few months with someone in the area. Aside from Big Brew Day, whenever it happens, I'm going extract 2.5 gallon batches for the winter so I can experiment and brew indoors. :P

I am a member of the Maryland Brewday Group - http://www.homebrewtalk.com/groups/md-brew-day/

MD Dec Brewday 12/11/10 - http://www.homebrewtalk.com/f20/md-pa-de-dc-winter-brew-day-195534/

Old 12-25-2007, 12:56 PM   #23
budbo
Beer is good

Recipes 

Liked 5 Times on 3 Posts
Likes Given: 6

I'm in La Plata and brew almost every Saturday (every other once I get my stash built up) you are welcome to come down any time.

Old 12-25-2007, 02:14 PM   #24
senorfartman
Recipes 

Awesome I may have to take you up on that offer (granted La Plata is a bit of a hike from Baltimore)

Conversely, once the O's start playing again, would there be any interest in going as a group? I'm easily walking distance from Camden Yards. Perhaps do an exchange before?

Fermenter 1:
Fermenter 2:

Bottled: Irish Red
Bottled: Le Stout
Bottled: Edwort's Pale Ale
Bottled: Dark Chocolate Porter

Old 12-25-2007, 02:46 PM   #25
jezter6
Recipes 

Liked 14 Times on 14 Posts
Likes Given: 1

I am sure we will get together many times in Maryland come new year. I have lots of plans, hopefully things will pan out.

And if all goes well, possibly having a Homewbrew Fest in '09

I am a member of the Maryland Brewday Group - http://www.homebrewtalk.com/groups/md-brew-day/

MD Dec Brewday 12/11/10 - http://www.homebrewtalk.com/f20/md-pa-de-dc-winter-brew-day-195534/

Old 12-26-2007, 02:40 PM   #26
Flipper
Recipes 

Just now reading this thread! Seabee, you have a great Idea here! I (Noob) am getting ready to go all grain and would find it very helpful if there was a mentor in my geo graphical area!

Primary - Fat Tire Clone
Secondary - Hop Rod Rye Clone
Bottled - Mack and Jack's Clone
Drinking - West Coast Blonde Ale

Old 12-27-2007, 02:37 AM   #27
Seabee John
Swing the BIG hammer

Recipes 

Liked 22 Times on 19 Posts
Likes Given: 17

Quote:
Originally Posted by Flipper
Just now reading this thread! Seabee, you have a great Idea here! I (Noob) am getting ready to go all grain and would find it very helpful if there was a mentor in my geo graphical area!
Thanks Flipper, I'm brewing my second AG brew on sunday (THAT'S THIS SUNDAY the 30th of DEC 2007 around 10 AM... just off I94 and Ruth in ST. PAUL, MINNESOTA [PM for address] in case anyone is listening) and it sure would be nice if I had a more experienced all grain brewer there to watch, comment and drink my Commercial (...if my homebrew isn't good enough yet) brew. But, you know... all the EAC's out there... it may be tough to find one willing to help....

Anyway thanks for the compliment Flipper. You make a guy like me have hope....

P.S. I'm not whining..just having a little fun!
Mom was right. Never argue with an idiot. They just drag you down to their level and beat you with experience.

Where's my beer. I know I left it around here somewhere.....
Kegged/Drinking:Nihilistic Integrity - Black IPA, #1 BIAB pale ale, Bells Two Hearted - yes a keg of the real stuff
Kegged/Conditioning:Wally N Seans Braggot, Emerald Eyes - Irish Red, Atomic Tsunami - brown
Primary:empty

Old 12-27-2007, 05:50 AM   #28
paulthenurse
HBT_SUPPORTER.png

Recipes 

Location: Down by the rivah, Down by the banks of the Rivah Chahles.
Liked 127 Times on 120 Posts

Hang in there Bro. Every old brewer ain't a EAC. Some of us are just old drunks. Too bad you are so far away. I'd drop by otherwise.
PTN

Alcohol!

Because no-one ever started a great story with, "I was just finishing a lovely salad when..."

Old 12-27-2007, 12:25 PM   #29
Seabee John
Swing the BIG hammer

Recipes 

Liked 22 Times on 19 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by paulthenurse
Hang in there Bro. Every old brewer ain't a EAC. Some of us are just old drunks. Too bad you are so far away. I'd drop by otherwise.
PTN
I would never imply... I was just having a bit of fun. If you read the whole thread I started off talking about how folks here tend to go the extra mile. That's what makes this place great. I'm fully capable of pulling off my 2nd AG brew. It'll probably taste like it's someone's 2nd, but I'll get it done. I have confidence. It's part of brewing to learn your way. But it would be cool to have someone there. Others have done it, still more will in the future.
Mom was right. Never argue with an idiot. They just drag you down to their level and beat you with experience.

Where's my beer. I know I left it around here somewhere.....
Kegged/Drinking:Nihilistic Integrity - Black IPA, #1 BIAB pale ale, Bells Two Hearted - yes a keg of the real stuff
Kegged/Conditioning:Wally N Seans Braggot, Emerald Eyes - Irish Red, Atomic Tsunami - brown
Primary:empty

Old 12-29-2007, 03:50 AM   #30
EvilTOJ

Recipes 

Liked 34 Times on 28 Posts
Likes Given: 3

Geez I think maybe I should sign up for this all grain mentoring too. Sign me up to teech.

There is a very fine line between "hobby" and "mental illness."

Closed Thread

Quick Reply