Electric Brewing Supply 30A BCS Giveaway!

Home Brew Forums > Home Brewing Beer > General Techniques > Maximum time to leave beer in primary fermenter...

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 06-28-2010, 11:32 AM   #41
ceannt
Feedback Score: 0 reviews
Recipes 

Liked 5 Times on 5 Posts

I stopped transfering to secondary about 20-years ago.... My average time in Primary is anywhere from 5-7 weeks. No problems with clarity... and my beer improved dramatically. I don't use glass, never have on a regular basis... PITA to clean, heavy and bad things happen when dropped. I don't see (or taste) any negative affects of the plastic compared to glass (the few times I have used glass) It's amazing how many things that I've been doing for years are becoming "accepted" or are considered the "new" way of doing thinigs, that back in the '80s were considered heretical.... and would have gotten me burnt at the stake if the "beer inquisition" had known....

Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 07-20-2010, 12:33 PM   #42
travis123
Feedback Score: 0 reviews
Recipes 

Liked 1 Times on 1 Posts

Use books & kit instructions for information to develop your own style of brewing. Iff we all followed instructions to the letter there would be no development.

Regards Trevor

Lancashire UK

Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Quick Reply