Get your HBT Growlers, Shirts and Membership before the Rush!

Home Brew Forums > Home Brewing Beer > General Techniques > malting millet correct moisture?

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 01-07-2013, 04:50 PM   #1
poponon
Feedback Score: 0 reviews
Recipes 

Likes Given: 15

Default malting millet correct moisture?

Hi all. for my next brew i'm planning on trying a GF beer using malted millet as the base grain. I am also planning on malting the millet myself. I've been researching the malting of millet but could not find any information regarding the moisture content required for germination to occur. Is anyone aware of this moisture content? I am assuming it would be similar to barley, somewhere in the 40% range.

I am considering purchasing a cheap moisture meter from ebay for the purpose of malting , however many of the inexpensive models will only reach 35% moisture if that.

any help is really appreciated

Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 01-15-2013, 11:30 PM   #2
igliashon
Feedback Score: 0 reviews
Recipes 

Liked 62 Times on 41 Posts
Likes Given: 40

You should head on over to the gluten-free forum, mate. There's lots of info over there.

Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Quick Reply