Electric Brewing Supply 30A BCS Giveaway!

Home Brew Forums > Home Brewing Beer > General Techniques > Looking for dry hopping techniques?

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 06-19-2011, 10:56 PM   #21
samc
Feedback Score: 1 reviews
Recipes 

Liked 54 Times on 51 Posts
Likes Given: 29

You can use a cable tie to attach fish line or floss to the underside of the lid on the pressure valve bump. Putting it through the gasket is a potential leak point. I'm also a leave it until the keg kicks or I want to freshen the keg with more hops.

Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 06-20-2011, 02:48 PM   #22
BARBQ
HBT_LIFETIMESUPPORTER.png
Feedback Score: 0 reviews

Recipes 

Liked 1 Times on 1 Posts
Likes Given: 1

I had a Helles Munich that was a little sweeter than I wanted it, so I dry hopped in the serving keg at 40F for two days in a nylon mesh bag with pellets of Brewers Gold hops. It came out great. I pulled the bag after this then washed in the dishwasher. What an easy way to balance out a beer.

Old 06-23-2011, 12:40 AM   #23
corncob
Feedback Score: 0 reviews
Recipes 

Liked 1 Times on 1 Posts

I had leaks with the dental floss method. Now I tighten an ALL-STAINLESS (screw included) hose clamp to the popoff valve housing and hang the little bag from that. I soak in starsan and wring out, and add four or five large Stainless bolts to make sure the little bag doesn't float off its hanger. After 7 days (or whatever) dump the overpressure and carefully swap the lid for a new one, then back on the gas. Done. I still find a few ounces of green sludge in the first pour, but that's it.

Quick Reply