Ss Brewing Technologies Giveaway!

Home Brew Forums > Home Brewing Beer > General Techniques > Lactose into CARBED beer?

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 11-21-2009, 02:47 PM   #1
kunstler
Feedback Score: 0 reviews
Recipes 

Liked 2 Times on 1 Posts

Default Lactose into CARBED beer?

So I have a nice porter on tap right now. And I'm mashing right now a remake of the porter (so that i have enough to last me through turkey day into the holdiay season).

After I started the mash, I thought "man a nice heavy/sweet porter would be nice with some vanilla and very light spices" as the test then try type of guy I am, I wanted to do a taste test, rather than potentially waste even a gallon, I wanted to make a pint (and then do the math if I like it and a test batch).

Can I add lactose to a carbed beer? will it change the taste or is lactose lactose and what yous see is what you get?

I was going to measure it out and pull a pint ontop of it with a little bit of spices sprinkled in to give me the feel of it.

Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 11-21-2009, 03:54 PM   #2
david_42
Feedback Score: 0 reviews

Recipes 

Liked 134 Times on 127 Posts

Quote:
Can I add lactose to a carbed beer?
Yes, when you add lactose does not change what it does to a beer. I would recommend dissolving the lactose first in a bit of water or beer, otherwise you are likely to have explosive de-gassing.

Remember one unassailable statistic, as explained by the late, great George Carlin: "Just think of how stupid the average person is, and then realize half of them are even stupider!"

"I would like to die on Mars, just not on impact." Elon Musk

Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Quick Reply