Kegconnection Complete Starter Kit and More Giveaway!

Home Brew Forums > Home Brewing Beer > General Techniques > Killing off yeast then racking on fruit for extreme fruit flavor????

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 03-26-2012, 11:24 AM   #1
kkocher13
HBT_SUPPORTER.png
Feedback Score: 0 reviews
Recipes 

Default Killing off yeast then racking on fruit for extreme fruit flavor????

I want to make a blueberry wheat, but I don't want the yeast to eat up all the fruit flavor. I've made fruit wheats in the past which were very good, but don't have the real hit you in the face kind of fruit flavor. I'm not a huge fan of extracts so here is the plan I've come up with and want to know if anybody has tried this before and what their results were.........

Take fully fermented Wheat beer and kill the yeast with potasium sorbate and metasulfite. Then rack the beer on top of 5 lbs of Blueberry oregon fruit puree. Let it sit until the flavor profile matches what I'm looking for. Use CO2 to carbonate and then bottle (bought a bowie bottler for the experiment).

Does anyone think this will work? Or better yet does anybody have a better option.

Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Quick Reply