The Great Bottle Opener Giveaway

Home Brew Forums > Home Brewing Beer > General Techniques > IPA aging. Contradictory Information?

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 07-21-2010, 04:59 AM   #51
chri5
HBT_LIFETIMESUPPORTER.png
Feedback Score: 0 reviews
Recipes 

Liked 11 Times on 11 Posts
Likes Given: 52

The way i handle my IIPAs is three weeks in primary, then straight to kegging with the dry hops in the keg. Force carb and start drinking in a week. It really hits its stride in about three weeks after it is kegged and doesn't usually last past six to seven weeks.

Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 07-21-2010, 08:00 AM   #52
gerbache
Feedback Score: 0 reviews
Recipes 

I also prefer my IPAs as soon as I can get them kegged and (mostly) carbed. My usual pattern for them is two weeks in the primary, then a week of lots of dry hopping, then into the fridge it goes. I usually give them a bit of a shake to help speed up the carbing, but it's only a few days before I start drinking them, and I think they hit the peak at about a month after the brew day and start to fade from there.

I do my IPAs in a definite west coast style, with lots of late hop additions. My experience has been that after about 2 or 3 months, they're still pretty good, but missing that "something" that makes them really spectacular before.

Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Quick Reply