Spike Brewing 12.5 Conical Fermenter Giveaway!

Home Brew Forums > Home Brewing Beer > General Techniques > Ideal conditioning temperature range

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 05-16-2007, 12:40 PM   #1
bpcsatx
Feedback Score: 0 reviews

Recipes 

Default Ideal conditioning temperature range

I wanted to get feedback on what would be the best conditioning temperature for basic ales using current extract and partial mash recipes for a new brewer. We plan on racking to a secondary and then finally to cornies for all our conditioning and later transferring to bottles as needed. We will follow the 123 method advocated on this forum. Our primary fermenting freezer is a small 5 cubic foot freezer that will hold our primary fermenter. Because of our location, (Texas), we plan on conditioning in a 14 cubic foot freezer; both freezers are regulated of course. Do cool temperature fluctuations (i.e…40 – 70 degrees) cause problems with the finished beer? If it does not, this would allow us to due multiple batches starting out.

Thanx for the help in advance!

Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 05-16-2007, 01:36 PM   #2
rcbrew
Feedback Score: 0 reviews
Recipes 

From what I have learned, it really depends on the style of ale. Wheats do better at higher temps (60 degrees-up) while other styles like kolschs and steam beers you can almost treat a lagers (the cooler the better).

Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Quick Reply