Originally Posted by ndoe22
I got a plate filter for a hbt member to filter hard cider. The problem is I have no idea on what to to. Any and all help is welcomed.
Some additional info.
Here are some steps you can follow with pics.
I will list even the common sense once.
To filter your cider you can use a pump or CO2.
1. Remove filter pads from Austin Homebrew Supply package
Each pad has a rough and a smooth side, very important
2. Wet outer edged of pad (Optional)
3. Install pads as shownRough sides must face into the filter housing or center ring
4. Close and secure housing
5. Run a small amount of sanitizer through the filter and let sit for 15 minutes (Optional)
6. Connect CO2 and blowout all the sanitizer
7. Connect the filter IN
to the supply tank (beer, cider, etc.)
In my setup
8. Connect the filter OUT
to the receiving tank, container, etc.If you filter carbonated liquids you must do a counter pressure filling,
receiving tank must be pressurized
9. Connect CO2 to the tank if transferring with CO2 to push the cider into
the filter.Don't exceed 5 psi for your setup
If using a pump, insert the suction line into tank, container, etc. and
connect the pump out to the filter IN
and enjoy filtering.
If not clear let me know.