Spike Brewing 12.5 Conical Fermenter Giveaway!

Home Brew Forums > Home Brewing Beer > General Techniques > How do you use gelatin finings?

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 04-13-2013, 03:15 PM   #41
tshinefield
Feedback Score: 0 reviews
Recipes 

Liked 17 Times on 8 Posts
Likes Given: 6

Just to note.. I read everyone uses a gelitan and water mix to clear beer. In an attempt to not add any extra water to my beer I have been useing a mixture of my beer and gelitan and follow the same process. It has worked great for me with no off flavors or watering down of my beer. Just an option.

Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 04-14-2013, 05:36 PM   #42
bd2xu
HBT_SUPPORTER.png
Feedback Score: 0 reviews

Recipes 

Liked 26 Times on 24 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by bd2xu
Thanks going to try this. My IPA was a Lagunitas sucks clone attempt with barley, rye, oats and wheat. Thinking the wheat is making it cloudy or my lack of break separation, I dumped everything in primary. But racked to secondary after two weeks to dry hop for two weeks and its been in the keg three weeks and still very cloudy. Tastes good but not really close to Sucks.
Well I don't have a pic to post yet but this worked very well for me. Beer is MUCH clearer.
On tap: Turbo DIPA, 68' Wheat (Watermelon), Naked American Wheat, Sightless Swine IPA, Petite Saison d'ete, Caramel Apple Cider
Bottled: Weizenbier, LaChouffe Clone, La Fin Du Monde Clone, Cottage House Oaked Saison with Chardonnay

Text to SWMBO: "Honey I'm having one more pint with the guys, be home in 20 minutes. If I'm not home by then, read this message again."

Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Quick Reply