When I took the samples they tasted great, but bottled about 1 weeek later in both batches and they seemed "off". I had a bottle yesterday and it seems like it may have gotten slightly infected. This was the first time I tried the turkey baster method and never had a problem before. I also see the ring in the bottle necks which seems to indicate a problem.
Ill be brewing another batch in a couple of weeks and see if the problem continues. I'd like to prevent any further bad batches so I'm trying to hone in on the issue. That seemed like the first place to start. I'm rhinking the rubber bulb may have been an issue, even though i boiled it before sanitizing it.