Electric Brewing Supply 30A BCS Giveaway!

Home Brew Forums > Home Brewing Beer > General Techniques > help with a rhubarb saison

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 05-23-2011, 02:13 PM   #1
uncommonsense
Feedback Score: 0 reviews
Recipes 

Liked 5 Times on 5 Posts

Default help with a rhubarb saison

My dad just got alot of rhubarb this year will get alot more so i was thinking about a rhubarb saison. Anybody have any good methods to get the best rhubarb flavor into the beer. I was thinking the using vodka. But im open to suggestion.

Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 05-23-2011, 03:18 PM   #2
dwarven_stout
Feedback Score: 0 reviews
Recipes 

Liked 34 Times on 32 Posts
Likes Given: 6

I did a rhubarb berliner weiss last year. I chopped the stalks (don't add the leaves) into about 3 inch pieces, added a little water, and brought up close to a boil and then back down. Pitched the whole sloppy mess into the carboy. It was about 1lb/gallon. I got just a hint of color, some extra tartness, some rhubarb flavor, and a hint of vegetal greenness (more pleasant than it sounds).

"I can't believe how many people think Air Lock is pronounced Hydrometer." -BigKahuna
"If you gave me a beer with placenta in it without telling me I would kick you in the nuts." -ODaniel
"We be in a big hurry for dope beer with much alcamahol and flavor, quality, balance, and aroma don't matter. We just wantz to be druck, u know?" -Yooper

Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Quick Reply