Electric Brewing Supply 30A BCS Giveaway!

Home Brew Forums > Home Brewing Beer > General Techniques > Fruit Beer - Steep or Rack onto Fruit?

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 08-09-2007, 04:52 PM   #11
goldengrl
Feedback Score: 0 reviews
Recipes 

Well I tasted it and i decided that I should add more fore a deeper cherry flavor. So I moved it to the secondary with a can of cherry puree. Now I've got the cherry flavor that I was going for but yesterday when I tasted it I 've encountered another problem: it's not sweet.
I've been searching and reading and trying to figure a solution and so far I come up nothing. I can add lactose and see if that helps. But if it still not there what is the next step?? I read that corn syrup has unfermentables in it so might this be an option?? I usually don't like the taste of Splenda(etc..) so I really don't want to use it. Or maybe agave??

Suggestions????

Wendy

Primary: Irish Red
Secondary: Honey Bee Lager
Bottled: Pale Ale, Magic Hat 9 clone

Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 05-14-2010, 01:45 AM   #12
mgortel
Feedback Score: 0 reviews
Recipes 

Liked 31 Times on 27 Posts
Likes Given: 7

How do you pastuerize the fruit before putting it in secondary???

I assume boiling it for 20 mins would do the trick? Or perhaps hitting the 160-170 F temperature for 20 mins???

Thanks!

Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Quick Reply