Keep in mind this batch was asplit eight gallon final batch, but because of the additional sugars (and extra "sampling" due to two fermenters and long fermentation) the wort going in was off. I got lucky and nailed the final volume at bottling.
Collected 7.5 gallons of wort and split into two corny kegs of 3.75 gallons each sitting in a cooler of water with t-shirts draped and fan blowing.
9/4 13:00 - OG (grain only) 1.0529. Yeast pitched 76F - t-shirts draped over
9/5 18:65 - add ice bottles until reached 61F
9/5 20:45 - fermenter strip indicates 61F. Remove ice bottles and t-shirt to allow ferm temp to ramp back into the 70s.
9/8 18:00 - (101 hours into "first fermentation") SG reached 1.010 and 1.014. Boiled 16 oz. candi sugar rocks into 16 oz of water, cooled and poured 8 oz. into each. Shook. Temp 78F
(somewhere in here I cycled the space heater for about 20 minutes to get the heat up around 82)
9/10 21:30 - ("second fermentation" of candi sugar took 48 hours) Wyeast 1388 reached 1.009. Wyeast 1762 reached 1.008. Tremendous peach and cinnamon in 1388 fermenter. 1762 banana esters replaced with warm peach and apricot. Boiled 16 oz of dextrose into 16 ounces of water, cooled, added 8 oz to each fermenter and shook.
9/11 21:00 - ("third fermentation" took 24 hours) 1388 reached 1.010. 1762 reached 1.010. Somewhat cidery and sour smelling, but this could be the Co2 blanket. Nearly passed out after sticking nose in too far for a sniff.
9/14 time unknown - Checked gravity on both. Now at 1.008.
10/23 (SEVEN weeks in primary) gravity reading was a dry 1.004. Bottled each batch separately with 3.3oz each of sucrose. Collected just under 4 gallons from 1762 and just over 4 gallons from 1388.
To figure the ABV, I basically plugged the recipe (sans sugars) into Brewtarget and my observed OG with only grain was just about spot on what the software told me. I then added the sugars to the setup, because you can count on getting 100% of the sugars from sugar. That gave me my OG of 1.069.