Get your HBT Growlers, Shirts and Membership before the Rush!

Home Brew Forums > Home Brewing Beer > General Techniques > Filtering Beer that is already carbonated

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 12-15-2012, 03:59 PM   #11
MSKBeerfan
HBT_SUPPORTER.png
Feedback Score: 0 reviews

Recipes 

Liked 1 Times on 1 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by j33p4x4 View Post
I haven't worked with filters, but I use gelatin to clear my beers with amazing results. I do it the way BierMuncher does it here,With your beer already keg'd and carb'd just remove your gas QCD, release the pressure on the keg, add the gelatin and you're set. I normally see a difference after about 24 hours and it looks crystal clear after three days. I've heard that you can get 'beer jello' at the bottom of your keg, but I've always been drinking on the beer as the gelatin is working so it doesn't set in the bottom of the keg like it may if you add the gelatin and not pull some of the sediment from the bottom daily.

This may be an old post but I am finding it very interesting and helpful. I hope this did help the origional poster I am curious as to the Gelatin idea above. while I do have a plate filter I chose not to filter out my Chocolate Cherry Milk Stout. I put it in a secondary and then third letting the residual chocolate fall out but now that it's kegged and carbonated it looks like a Chocolate Milk Shake. I am serving this at a party next weekend and need to clean this up. How much Gelatin do you add for a 5 gallon batch?

Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 12-17-2012, 02:56 PM   #12
Dr_Jeff
Feedback Score: 1 reviews
Recipes 

Liked 8 Times on 7 Posts
Likes Given: 58

1/2 packet of Knox clear gelatin for 5G
take a half cup of water, microwave to a boil, add gelatin, stir till dissolved, pour into keg.

Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Quick Reply