fermentation temp range of apfelwein?

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

ThatFishGuy

Reaction score
Hey everyone,
I tried to search but had no success. Im wondering what the upward range of fermentation is for the Edworts Apfelwein recipe? Its pretty hot here in Socal, and my family isnt fond of running the AC 24/7. average temp is prolly upper 70's downstairs so with a cold towel and fan maybe around ~73ish. is that too warm or does it not really matter for ciders? I've only made an ale so any help would be much appreciated.
thanks,
Sam :mug:

thats good to know. Right now im using just the wet t-shirt deal and its about 72. so looks like im fine. Its convenient that this stuff can ferment so warm, I still wont have the kegerator here for a while. Im really excited to try Apfelwein out. Its my first batch of it and only my second homebrew. This recipe is definitely easier to follow and is done in about 15 min compared to the 2 hrs i spent on my first ale. That 4 weeks is going to be torture..... guess i'll just have to start a batch in between there to keep me busy :D

Back