Spike Brewing 12.5 Conical Fermenter Giveaway - Enter Now!

Home Brew Forums > Home Brewing Beer > General Techniques > Fall Brewing Season Retrofit Need Input

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 07-19-2014, 01:50 PM   #1
jlangfo5
Feedback Score: 0 reviews
Recipes 

Liked 4 Times on 4 Posts
Likes Given: 1

Default Fall Brewing Season Retrofit Need Input

Hey all!

So last fall I invested in a chest freezer fermentation chamber which uses a stc1000 to regulate power to the freezer, and it has opened up some new doors for me. Namely, I now have the capability to make delicious lager bier... or so I thought!

I got my score card back from a competition and even with temperature control I still had some pretty big fermentation off flavors that didn't allow my helles to really shine and come through. So, I figured now would be a perfectly good time to go the rest of the way and upgrade my yeast pitching rates and oxygenation abilities.

Give me some input on these items

Stir Plate

Air Pump

Air Pump Tubing

Air Pump Check Valves

Air Pump Filter

Two Micron Stone

For the stir plate, I already have a 2L flask and stir bar, I was wondering if there is anything else that you guys think I might have missed especially with the aeration set up, or if you guys had any suggestions.

Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Quick Reply