New Giveaway - Wort Monster Conical Fermenter!

Home Brew Forums > Home Brewing Beer > General Techniques > Exploring "no chill" brewing

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 05-18-2009, 02:33 PM   #131
brrman
Feedback Score: 0 reviews
Recipes 

Liked 17 Times on 16 Posts
Likes Given: 13

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Pol View Post
I no chilled another beer yesterday, actually I sold off my IC yeterday too!

I had a guest over from HBT for a brew session yesterday, who could not believe that I was not chilling my beer. So I pointed him at the tap on my kegerator where my No Chill Haus Ale was, he loved it. He mentioned how CLEAN it tasted... seriously, no chilling works.

I converted at least one person to brewing on an electric HERMS yesterday and possibly two people to no chill brewing.

Brew On!

yes yes - that was me!

I had never even heard of the "no-chill" method. How I have missed those threads is beyond me. I tasted Pol's Haus Pale Ale that was no-chilled and it was great. And it was very clean tasting - an excellent IPA if you ask me.

I have ordered my coolers, Pol! LOL

Secondary:
Primary:
. SN Tumbler Clone 10g
. Sycamore Oatmeal Porter 10g
. Nierra Sevada 10g
On Deck:
Kegged:

Being a perfectionist does not make one perfect.

Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 05-18-2009, 04:13 PM   #132
Saccharomyces
Be good to your yeast...
HBT_LIFETIMESUPPORTER.png

Recipes 

Liked 73 Times on 49 Posts
Likes Given: 2

All beers were once no-chill, coolships were used to cool the wort overnight before it was moved to open fermenters and inocculated with yeast...

Quote:
Originally Posted by Soperbrew
big brother only monitors facebook and untappd

Old 05-18-2009, 04:36 PM   #133
The Pol
Recipes 

Liked 49 Times on 46 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by brrman View Post
yes yes - that was me!

I had never even heard of the "no-chill" method. How I have missed those threads is beyond me. I tasted Pol's Haus Pale Ale that was no-chilled and it was great. And it was very clean tasting - an excellent IPA if you ask me.

I have ordered my coolers, Pol! LOL
Where did you order them from? Ace? Uh oh... now you are starting down a long and winding path my friend.

Old 05-18-2009, 08:55 PM   #134
Dionysos911
Recipes 

Liked 2 Times on 2 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by adamjab19 View Post
Ok I was thinking that was the case. I guess a hose (proper temp. requirements) fitted to the end of my funnel with a careful pour will do the trick.

And do you squeze the air out of the cube before completely sealing the container? I thought I read that somewhere.
I am curious if you got a chance to try this out and what exactly you used. I like the idea of no chill but not sure hour I am going to transfer from my pot.

Old 05-18-2009, 09:13 PM   #135
The Pol
Recipes 

Adamjab hasnt yet, but I have a cpl no chills under my belt

Old 05-18-2009, 10:06 PM   #136
adamjab19
Recipes 

Liked 3 Times on 2 Posts

I just started school and I wont be brewing for at least three weeks. I'll get back to this when I do try it.

Old 05-19-2009, 12:58 AM   #137
thataintchicken
The good ideas will survive.
HBT_SUPPORTER.png

Recipes 

Liked 1249 Times on 1241 Posts
Likes Given: 5

I am really intrigued by the no chill technique.

If I could spread a brew day out -- into a brew session then a small pitching yeast session, then I could actually do more brewing with my work schedule.

Using the chilling vessel as a fermentor seems to simplify the process further.

need to hit the supply company website from work to see if I can find those vessels cheaper that US plastics. If I can, I'll let you know.

The HERMS is a long way out for me. With SWMBO being unemployed for two months now, every penny is sacred.

Ginger, how long should I boil these crab legs for? I want them to fall off the bone just like Texas pork ribs. - Ace Club

I'm a meat hunter. - AZ_IPA

Old 05-19-2009, 01:05 AM   #138
The Pol
Recipes 

Quote:
Originally Posted by thataintchicken View Post
I am really intrigued by the no chill technique.

If I could spread a brew day out -- into a brew session then a small pitching yeast session, then I could actually do more brewing with my work schedule.

Using the chilling vessel as a fermentor seems to simplify the process further.

need to hit the supply company website from work to see if I can find those vessels cheaper that US plastics. If I can, I'll let you know.

The HERMS is a long way out for me. With SWMBO being unemployed for two months now, every penny is sacred.
The no chill method really is cool. The 6 gallon container, when it is pitched into in about 24 hours, works really well. The HERMS is cool yah, but isnt necessary for GREAT beer, it just makes it repeatable by taking out variables.

I had a couple HBT guys over this past weekend that drank my no chill stuff and they really enjoyed it. I am excited to get some people here tasting it and getting more people interested in it!

Old 05-19-2009, 01:12 AM   #139
McKBrew

Recipes 

Liked 29 Times on 26 Posts
Likes Given: 8

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Pol View Post
The no chill method really is cool. The 6 gallon container, when it is pitched into in about 24 hours, works really well. The HERMS is cool yah, but isnt necessary for GREAT beer, it just makes it repeatable by taking out variables.

I had a couple HBT guys over this past weekend that drank my no chill stuff and they really enjoyed it. I am excited to get some people here tasting it and getting more people interested in it!
Make sure you mark it well for the next time I come over

Old 05-19-2009, 01:13 AM   #140
The Pol
Recipes 

Quote:
Originally Posted by McKBrew View Post
Make sure you mark it well for the next time I come over
You are welcome any time... I have my Haus Ale on tap and will have a SNPA clone on tap in about 4 weeks!

Quick Reply