Happy HolidaySs Giveaway - Winners Re-Re-Re-Re-Drawn - 24 hours to Claim!

Get your HBT Growlers, Shirts and Membership before the Rush!

Home Brew Forums > Home Brewing Beer > General Techniques > Dry Hopping

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 12-31-2007, 06:21 PM   #1
ρMσ
Feedback Score: 0 reviews
Recipes 

Liked 1 Times on 1 Posts

Default Dry Hopping

i posted this in a dry hopping thread, and almost 2 weeks later still no response to my question. i guess ill have to clutter the forums w a NEW post in hopes that my question will be answered:

i was supposed to bottle my dbl ipa 5 weeks ago (had already been dry hopping for two weeks--total of 7 weeks now) but put it off b/c i got some new ink the day before i was supposed to bottle. my arm is finished healing now and im ready to bottle (ive now cracked a rib and have to put it off a little longer). AHS recipe called for 1 week dry hop, but on the forums a lot of people said only 1 week dry hopping left beer w grassy taste. i should still be good at 7 weeks of dry hopping right?

Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 12-31-2007, 06:25 PM   #2
BierMuncher
...My Junk is Ugly...
HBT_MODERATOR.png

Recipes 

Liked 613 Times on 355 Posts
Likes Given: 231

Quote:
Originally Posted by ρ®ïMσ
i posted this in a dry hopping thread, and almost 2 weeks later still no response to my question. i guess ill have to clutter the forums w a NEW post in hopes that my question will be answered:

i was supposed to bottle my dbl ipa 5 weeks ago (had already been dry hopping for two weeks--total of 7 weeks now) but put it off b/c i got some new ink the day before i was supposed to bottle. my arm is finished healing now and im ready to bottle (ive now cracked a rib and have to put it off a little longer). AHS recipe called for 1 week dry hop, but on the forums a lot of people said only 1 week dry hopping left beer w grassy taste. i should still be good at 7 weeks of dry hopping right?
You'll be fine. I dry hop my serving kegs that can go a couple of months with no problems.

Grassy taste...I've yet to experience and I think it would take many, many months before that happened.

You have yourself a very good IPA ready to bottle.

Old 12-31-2007, 11:34 PM   #3
ρMσ
Recipes 

Liked 1 Times on 1 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by BierMuncher
Grassy taste...I've yet to experience and I think it would take many, many months before that happened.

the grassy taste was something that i read was common w 1 wk dry hopping.

Quick Reply