Ss Brewing Technologies Giveaway!

Home Brew Forums > Home Brewing Beer > General Techniques > Crash cooled my Kolsch

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 12-07-2007, 08:54 PM   #1
jaa2m
Feedback Score: 0 reviews
Recipes 

Default Crash cooled my Kolsch

I have the evening free of the wife tonight and wanted to see if there is anything special about bottling a crash cooled beer. It primaried for 2 weeks, hit its FG, and for clarification, I crash cooled it at 35 degrees for a week. Standard procedure?

Thanks!!!

Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 12-07-2007, 08:57 PM   #2
srm775
Recipes 

Liked 3 Times on 3 Posts
Likes Given: 3

Quote:
Originally Posted by jaa2m
I have the evening free of the wife tonight and wanted to see if there is anything special about bottling a crash cooled beer. It primaried for 2 weeks, hit its FG, and for clarification, I crash cooled it at 35 degrees for a week. Standard procedure?

Thanks!!!
The last batch I crash cooled and bottled, I didn't do anything special. I wasn't happy with the amount of carbonation I got, so you might want to dip the end of the syphon down into the yeast cake a little bit, just to get some extra yeast into the bottling bucket.

Old 12-08-2007, 03:13 AM   #4
jaa2m
Recipes 

Default man...

sometimes i really impress myself.

this is one of the best beers i have made. i think i have made such hoppy, heavy, big beers lately, it is so refreshing to have something that is light.

hopefully i won't have any carb issues. thanks for the advice/thoughts...

Old 12-09-2007, 03:04 PM   #5
brewt00l
Recipes 

Liked 9 Times on 9 Posts
Likes Given: 2

Quote:
Originally Posted by jaa2m

Thanks!!!
Fwiw, Kolsch style ales are typically lagered per style so they are generally "crash cooled +."

Quick Reply