Ss Brewing Technologies Giveaway!

Home Brew Forums > Home Brewing Beer > General Techniques > Couple ?'s re: Gingerbread Ale (Southern English Brown)

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 02-05-2013, 09:14 PM   #11
AndrewD
Feedback Score: 0 reviews
Recipes 

Liked 46 Times on 32 Posts
Likes Given: 14

Quote:
Originally Posted by Timmyg316 View Post
I'm going to do something like this today, albeit too late to have done by Christmas. How did yours turn out? Is there anything you would change? I was going to add a touch of molasses.
Sorry, I've been away for a while. It turned out good. The spicing was just about perfect, but my one gripe was that it was just a bit "watery" tasting, but I attribute this to over carbing it. I think when I brew something like this again, I will go with the bare minimum carbonation, so that the subtle spice and malt flavors will come through better. As an experiment, I might drink one of my remaining bottles at room temperature, as low temperatures can interfere with the tongue's perception of subtle flavors as well.

If you brewed it, what did you do differently, and how was it?

Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Quick Reply