Get your HBT Growlers, Shirts and Membership before the Rush!

Home Brew Forums > Home Brewing Beer > General Techniques > cooling without a chiller

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 03-20-2013, 06:04 AM   #11
brewbobaggins
Feedback Score: 0 reviews
Recipes 

Liked 17 Times on 12 Posts
Likes Given: 1

Completely agree. Both poor and not wanting to waste water, I go the ol' No-Chill route usually. Used to do ice baths, but no chill is so much easier, and it saves a lot of time and effort.

And even tho my wort is plenty cloudy, my no-chill beers couldn't be clearer. (Even won a few medals to prove it.)

Check out my latest homebrewing thoughts, recipes, tastings, and happenings at Ten Bottle Brewing. Drinking, researching, and brewing just about every style, with an emphasis on the bacteria-laden variety. Enjoy and brew on!

Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 03-20-2013, 07:07 PM   #12
Greels
Recipes 

Liked 3 Times on 3 Posts
Likes Given: 8

So you mean you don't use any cooling method at all? Do you do full or partial boils and how long does it typically take to get to pitching temperature?

Old 03-20-2013, 07:11 PM   #13
brewbobaggins
Recipes 

Liked 17 Times on 12 Posts
Likes Given: 1

I only do full boils. I just leave everything in the kettle with the top on and leave it on my front porch overnight. By morning, it's the same temp as it is outside. Never had an infected batch.

Check out my latest homebrewing thoughts, recipes, tastings, and happenings at Ten Bottle Brewing. Drinking, researching, and brewing just about every style, with an emphasis on the bacteria-laden variety. Enjoy and brew on!

Old 03-21-2013, 02:08 PM   #14
RIC0
HBT_SUPPORTER.png
Recipes 

Liked 37 Times on 35 Posts
Likes Given: 17

My current method.

http://www.homebrewtalk.com/f39/easy...inside-370793/

*** Possum Trot Brewery ***

Beer Primary - Butthead Belgian
Beer Secondary - Belgian Tripel

Bottled - Big Breakfast Stout - Belgian IPA - Butthead Belgian White - Redneck Red - Moose Drool - Dirty Dubbel

Mead Primary - Nuttin
Bottled - Strawberry Trainwreck - Orange Spice - Blueberry Trainwreck

Quick Reply