daksin
HBT_SUPPORTER.png
Feedback Score: 0 reviews

Recipes 

Liked 272 Times on 238 Posts
Likes Given: 324

Quote:
Originally Posted by Iceman6409 View Post
I have an additional question. I have an Irish Red Ale that I would like to try my first attempt at cold crashing as I forgot to add Irish moss. I have a chest freezer and plan to put the secondary in there at about 35 for a few days or so. My question is the next step is bottling. When I am ready to bottle do I let the beer warm up to room temperature before adding priming sugar and then bottle or leave it cold?
No need, there should be plenty of yeast left in suspension to carbonate your beer, even though it will look extremely clear. If you're worried, just drag your racking cane in the dropped out yeast for half a second and pick some up!

I can't be arsed to keep up this list of what's in the fermenters, but hey, check out the cool brewery I own!

twitter.com/2kidsbrewing .. facebook.com/2kidsbrewing .. 2kidsbrewing.com

Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 02-12-2013, 07:01 PM   #22
jeetaman
Feedback Score: 0 reviews
Recipes 

Liked 1 Times on 1 Posts

But at what temperature should it be bottled? Also, when you bottle condition for a couple weeks do you do this at room temp (65-70)?

Old 02-12-2013, 07:34 PM   #23
mvcorliss
HBT_SUPPORTER.png
Feedback Score: 1 reviews
Recipes 

Liked 12 Times on 11 Posts
Likes Given: 12

Bottling temp doesn't matter. I usually take my fermenter out of the freezer the night before I bottle. Not because of temperature but to allow any sediment stirred up from my moving it to settle overnight.
Assuming by bottle condition you mean the time it takes for the beer to carb, then you need to get up to 70F if at all possible. At that temp most beers will take about 3 weeks to fully carb up. Lower than 70F and you really add some time although it will get there ... eventually.

Quick Reply