Electric Brewing Supply 30A BCS Giveaway - Last Weekend to Enter!

Home Brew Forums > Home Brewing Beer > General Techniques > Cleaning a no-chill cube

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 03-21-2013, 07:39 PM   #1
eulipion2
HBT_SUPPORTER.png
Feedback Score: 0 reviews
Recipes 

Liked 36 Times on 34 Posts
Likes Given: 2

Default Cleaning a no-chill cube

I've been using the same Winpak for no-chill brewing for about four years. Usually when I clean it I rinse it out with water, then soak with PBW or OxiClean, then rinse again and use for the next batch.

My cube now has a brown/tan deposit (beer residue, but not beer stone) building up on the walls of the cube, and it's been there for a while. It hasn't caused any noticeable problems, but I'd like it to go just in case. This film can be scraped/scrubbed off, but both PBW and OxiClean fail to remove it on their own, and I really can't get inside the cube to scrub it.

So, has anyone else noticed a film inside your cube, and how did you clean it? I'm considering soaking in vinegar or double-strength StarSan to see if an acid will strip it, but wanted to see if anyone had any better solution.

Thanks!

On-Deck: Brewpastor's Dark Night of the Soul; Avery Hog Heaven clone

Primary:

Kegged: Perry; BierMuncher's OktoberFAST; Emmdub23's Belma Stout; Mosaic pilsner; Fir tip Maibock; Session IPA; Dry Apple Cider;

Bottled: Pumpkin Saison; Bacon488's Mild; Quad; Saison Americain; Tripel; Session Saison; Grodziskie; Belma Session Saison; Coffee Saison

Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Quick Reply