New Giveaway - Wort Monster Conical Fermenter!

Home Brew Forums > Home Brewing Beer > General Techniques > Cheap place to take online courses?

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 11-20-2011, 04:23 PM   #1
DlALTONE
Feedback Score: 0 reviews
Recipes 

Default Cheap place to take online courses?

I see the American Brewers Guild charges about $9000. Is there anything I can do for cheaper. Also is there a good job outlook for those that finish online classes? I suppose it is a career were I would have to move to out of state when taking careers. Thanks

Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 11-21-2011, 01:05 AM   #2
warex
Feedback Score: 0 reviews
Recipes 

Liked 1 Times on 1 Posts

I am going to assume that you mean that you are interested in becoming a professional brew master or assistant. There are pro forums out there. go to them and read some of them. There are several schools were you can get a degree in several different states. From reading some of their stuff I don't think it is a well payed field of study. Most small business can't afford to pay high salaries or good benefits. Do your research before you pay to learn.

Old 11-22-2011, 01:49 AM   #3
samc
Feedback Score: 1 reviews
Recipes 

Liked 53 Times on 50 Posts
Likes Given: 29

On the ABG website they have a list of graduates and where they work. Call a few of them up and ask some questions. Those would be the people to get good answers from. As a former employer I'd put little stock in an online program, but then again I've never owned a brewery.

Quick Reply