Electric Brewing Supply 30A BCS Giveaway!

Home Brew Forums > Home Brewing Beer > General Techniques > carbonation

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 12-28-2008, 10:27 PM   #11
Revvy
Post Hoc Ergo Propter Hoc
HBT_LIFETIMESUPPORTER.png
Feedback Score: 0 reviews

Recipes 

Liked 2747 Times on 1648 Posts
Likes Given: 3485

Quote:
Originally Posted by castillo View Post
This beer had an original gravity of 1.066 and a final gravity of 1.015. Is this considered a high gravity beer?
Some consider anything over 1.060 to be a higer grav beer...
others say above 1.070.

It doesn't really matter..the point is that your beer is not carbed yet...but there is nothing wrong, carbing and conditioning is a living process and it has it's own agenda...If you read the link I provided you will see there is no hard and fast rule..it happens when it happens. Some beers take 6 or 8 weeks, some claim they have full carbing after a week (but most of the time they say their beer still is green) but eventually all beers carb up.

just take them back into a 70 degree space again and leave them alone...in a couple days resuspend the yeast...then check one bottle a week until they carb up...and all will be well.

Like my snazzy new avatar? Get Sons of Zymurgy swag, here, and brew with the best.

Revvy's one of the cool reverends. He has a Harley and a t-shirt that says on the back "If you can read this, the bitch was Raptured. - Madman

I gotta tell ya, just between us girls, that Revvy is HOT. Very tall, gorgeous grey hair and a terrific smile. He's very good looking in person, with a charismatic personality... he drives like a ****ing maniac! - YooperBrew

Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 12-28-2008, 10:51 PM   #12
castillo
Feedback Score: 0 reviews
Recipes 

Liked 1 Times on 1 Posts

Alright sir, thanks alot I really appreciate your help it brings me peace of mind that my beer is going to be ok.

Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Quick Reply