Happy HolidaySs Giveaway - Winners Re-Re-Re-Re-Drawn - 24 hours to Claim!

Get your HBT Growlers, Shirts and Membership before the Rush!

Home Brew Forums > Home Brewing Beer > General Techniques > Cannot cold crash 3 days prior bottling.. use gelatin ?

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 11-17-2012, 11:07 PM   #11
beauvafr
Feedback Score: 0 reviews
Recipes 

Liked 5 Times on 5 Posts
Likes Given: 227

Well you are right highgravity. But I do need to watch the beer to make sure it doesn't freeze and I am also dry hopping at the same time.

But I just figure it! I have a small shed beside my house and I moved the beer there. It's not heated but I put a small ceramic heater in it to make sure it doesn't go below zero. Temperature in Quebec city right now is ranging between -3 and +5 degree celcius.

So finally I will end up doing 3 days of cold crashing. But I can't go over this point because I dont want to go over 10 consecutive days of dry hopping. My bag of hop is kinda stuck in the carboy.. removing it or transferring the beer is not an option right now since I'm lazy!

Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 11-20-2012, 05:25 AM   #12
beauvafr
Recipes 

Liked 5 Times on 5 Posts

Wow! I am about to bottle (tomorrow evening) and my beer look super clear now. But I can see some ugly green slime around the muslim bag filled with pellets.

Should I worry ?

Old 11-20-2012, 12:06 PM   #13
RM-MN
HBT_SUPPORTER.png
Feedback Score: 1 reviews
Recipes 

Liked 852 Times on 709 Posts
Likes Given: 314

Quote:
Originally Posted by beauvafr View Post
Wow! I am about to bottle (tomorrow evening) and my beer look super clear now. But I can see some ugly green slime around the muslim bag filled with pellets.

Should I worry ?
Are you making this beer just to look at or are you going to drink it? The green stuff around the hop bag is hops. Nothing to worry about there. Once you bottle it the yeast will be eating the priming sugar and get the beer all stirred up again. Then with a bit of time it will settle out and become clear again. Had you just bottled it and given it time, it would have cleared on its own. You might have gotten a bit of chill haze when you refrigerated it but after a couple days that should have cleared out too.
Old 11-22-2012, 01:06 AM   #14
beauvafr
Recipes 

Liked 5 Times on 5 Posts

Bottling is done!

THe tasting sample i drank yesterday is making me very confident this beer is gonna be a big success!

Thanks all!

Quick Reply