bottling/siphon set up

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

jacobmarley

Reaction score
Wanna hear some good, fast, clean, effective ways to bottle beer. And what type of siphon techniques/set ups are good for using only primary and carboy fermenters?

https://www.homebrewtalk.com/f35/bottling-tips-homebrewer-94812/
Revvy goes over some great bottling tips and tricks in this thread. I use a similar approach, sit the bottling bucket up on the counter near my dishwasher (where I rack my sanitized bottles), attach the bottling wand like Revvy does, and bottle up about 8-10 at a time, then cap them.

I'm not 100% sure what you're asking in your second question but I've found the easiest way to siphon from any vessel to another is with an auto-siphon. Some folks start the siphon by filling the tube with sanitized water but the auto-siphon is inexpensive and really easy.

Good luck

That thread will have everything you need in it to make bottling easier. If you don't have a bottling bucket with a spigot in it, then you should either get one or just buy the spigot and a Homer bucket and make your own. Also, a 3/4" CPVC elbow will screw onto the end of the shank of most bottling bucket spigots. Nice easy diptube that works like a boss.

Photo from HBT Member BrianP:
pickup_tube.bmp

And definitely get yourself an autosiphon if you don't have one yet. Makes things a lot easier.

I guess I pretty much could have just quoted jaycount's post and said "+1" :mug:

Back