Kegconnection Complete Starter Kit and More Giveaway!

Home Brew Forums > Home Brewing Beer > General Techniques > Bottle this week or next week?

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 04-28-2006, 10:23 PM   #1
waskelton4
Feedback Score: 0 reviews

Recipes 

Liked 1 Times on 1 Posts

Default Bottle this week or next week?

Ok team.. here is the deal.

I have a hefe in primary that will have been there a full week tomorrow. My initial plan was to leave it be for another week and then bottle.

My birthday is three weeks away and I think my wife is having a party here at the house for me.

Would it be better for me to bottle sometime this weekend and let it carbonate/conditon for three weeks or should i leave it in the primary for another week and let it have two in teh bottles. (this won't be the only brew at the party.. but i'd like to show off my first "experiement" in good fashion)

I just went and counted 6 bubbles in one minute on the airlock.. after doing that i'm pretty much set to leave it another week...

It is also worth noting that there is still a good bit of gooey bready yeasty foamy stuff on the top of the beer. it doesn't look very appealing.. i'll try and take a picture of it to show. I would have thought that the kreausen would have fallen and dissapated by now.. i guess not.

also.. the brew has been around 64-66 deg for the past 4 days..

thanks for the advice all..

ws

BAD SPELLERS OF THE WORLD UNTIE!!

Primary - AHS Mild Ale

Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 04-28-2006, 11:22 PM   #2
El Pistolero

Recipes 

Liked 13 Times on 13 Posts
Likes Given: 3

Given your loc, I'd wait another week before you bottle. Your brew will benefit from 2 weeks in secondary, and if you put it somewhere warm, two weeks ought to be enough for good carbonation this time of year.

[/I] Up Next - Hobgoblin
After That - Czech Pilsner
Primary - Humboldt Hop Rod (4/24)
Primary - NOT Wheat AG SNCA (5/5)
Secondary -
Conditioning - SNCA Clone (3/3),

Old 04-29-2006, 12:58 PM   #3
waskelton4

Recipes 

Liked 1 Times on 1 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by El Pistolero
Given your loc, I'd wait another week before you bottle. Your brew will benefit from 2 weeks in secondary, and if you put it somewhere warm, two weeks ought to be enough for good carbonation this time of year.
gotcha..
I think i'll stick to that ..
I don't actually have a secondary.. it is still in the primary fermenter but i don't think that changes anything..

Thanks!
ws

BAD SPELLERS OF THE WORLD UNTIE!!

Primary - AHS Mild Ale

Old 04-29-2006, 02:37 PM   #4
uglygoat
HBT_SUPPORTER.png

Recipes 

Liked 7 Times on 7 Posts
Likes Given: 1

leave it two or three weeks in the primary, then bottle it... no sense in rushing it into the bottles, only to open them too soon for green/flat beer.

never argue with an idiot, they'll just drag you down to their level and beat you with experience.

Quick Reply