Kegconnection Complete Starter Kit and More Giveaway!

Home Brew Forums > Home Brewing Beer > General Techniques > Blueberry in Secondary - I want a strong fruit flavor

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 01-21-2013, 04:58 PM   #1
lectersmeal
Feedback Score: 0 reviews
Recipes 

Likes Given: 1

Default Blueberry in Secondary - I want a strong fruit flavor

Hi there,

I've read a lot of posts on the forum about how long to leave fruit in the secondary fermenter. Some people have said 3 days, others have said up to a month.

Right now, I have 5 pounds of blueberry in a secondary fermenter on day 3. My question is, the longer I leave it in the fermenter, does the blueberry flavor increase the longer I wait, or does it mellow out? I want the blueberry to be a strong punch in the face.

Thanks.

Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 01-21-2013, 05:40 PM   #2
lectersmeal
Feedback Score: 0 reviews
Recipes 

Likes Given: 1

I want to add that I just tasted the blueberry beer. As is, the flavor is about what I want - actually it's not quite as strong as I like. Therefore, I definitely don't want even more of the sugars to ferment out.

(On a side note, it's very cloudy, so I will have to put it in a tertiary fermenter when it is done.)

So my question:
(1) Should I wait for the tertiary for another 5 days or so?
(2) Should I cold crash it the secondary?
(3) Or should I go ahead and put it in my tertiary?

Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Quick Reply