Get your HBT Growlers, Shirts and Membership before the Rush!

Home Brew Forums > Home Brewing Beer > General Techniques > Blueberry blonde questions

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 08-20-2012, 11:14 PM   #11
weirdboy
HBT_LIFETIMESUPPORTER.png
Feedback Score: 4 reviews
Recipes 

Liked 433 Times on 353 Posts
Likes Given: 63

The recipe looks OK. I would skip the cascade at the end if you plan to add fruit.

Blueberries are notoriously difficult to extract the flavor from. I would say you probably ought to use double whatever you had in mind. I use fresh fruit, that I thoroughly clean and inspect, discarding any damaged or rotting pieces. For blackberries/raspberries/blueberries, I "distress" the fruit a bit (basically pound on it with a sanitized blunt object) and put it in a sealed sanitized container to freeze overnight before racking onto it in secondary. I personally put my fruit in a nylon mesh bag (hops bag, usually) and tie it up really tight so as to make it easier to rack without getting little bits of fruit in the beer, as well as eaiser clean up when I'm done, but that only works if you're fermenting in buckets.

Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 08-20-2012, 11:27 PM   #12
OneFeather
Feedback Score: 0 reviews
Recipes 

Liked 7 Times on 4 Posts
Likes Given: 7

Northern Brewer has a kit were you add 1 can puree after 2-3 days AND extract flavor at bottling. I have been tempted to try this with other fruit flavors.

Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Quick Reply

Newest Threads

LATEST SPONSOR DEALS