BIAB with AG Recipe ?

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Dawggy_Stile

Reaction score
I'm fairly new to the BIAB method, Ive got two brews in so far. Two SMaSH brews and they came out better then most of my extract brews have.
My question is, can I take any AG recipe and apply it to BIAB or will some adjustments need to be made?
Thank you for any replies.

No major difference between BIAB and traditional.
The only thing to watch is total liqour volume may need to be adjusted up as the grain absortion is a little higher. Other than that, is is exactly the same.

I use Beersmith 2.0 for all my BIAB needs. Once I got my equipment profile down, and my efficiency calculated, everything is dandy. In my experience, all the AG recipes I've tried with BIAB have produced great (at least to me) beer.

Just make sure all the grains can fit in the bag and pot if you decide to do a higher gravity brew. I am trying 13 pounds of grains this weekend.

This is from the beersmith website: In general BIAB works best in the mid mash temperature range (150-156F).

Ensure that you double crush the grains.

Latest posts

Back